Friday, July 2, 2010

Seen Through Another's Eyes

I've known most of the same people since the 4th grade, and still everytime someone meets my 27 year old Vietnamese stepmom I get either questions like "Is that your older sister?" or "Are you mixed?".

Once in history, a guy stated "there are 5 asains in this class" he points to a pretty asain chick with straight black hair(1). to one of my best friends, an asain chick with glasses(2). a RIPPED asain dude(3). A smart half asian girl(4) and then at me(5). I point at myself, "me?" "Yeah you are your Veitnamese!" "No she's not You've know her for five years how do you not know that? her stepmoms asain." says my bestfriend. Everyone in the class thought I was asain, and I realized if my friend hadn't said anything I would have been fine with them thinking that.

Today I spoke with my best guy friend, and he mentioned that I was asain. When I corrected him the first time he completely ignored me, the second time he realized that:

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own"
~Mythbusters

Isn't the world funny that it seems none of us have the same reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment